02/11/09 22:26 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
“I was in Frankfurt.
What I remember most was a press conference being held by Gunter Schabowski, the GDR’s spokesman.
The representative of the Berlin government passed him a note while he was speaking.
He read it and said: ‘From Midnight or 2am, the gates of the Wall will be open.’
Nobody knew where this announcement had come from.”
- 1Italian actor Bud Spencer dies at 86
- 2What will Brexit mean for EU migrants to the UK and British expats?
- 3Lionel Messi retires from international football
- 4Paris and Berlin agree on a strategy following Britain’s shock exit vote
- 5Iceland’s new President Gudni Johannesson off to France for the football