A fire has broken out at the Marriott Hotel in Pakistan’s capital Islamabad, five months after it was devastated in a suicide bombing that killed 55 people.There are no reports of any deaths but a hospital spokesman said up to 15 people are being treated for burns. Officials say the fire was apparently caused by an electrical short-circuit. The blaze is raging through two floors of the hotel and emergency crews have been battling it for several hours. The building was still undergoing refurbishment after September’s bomb attack. The blast was blamed on Islamic militants. The Marriott is one of Islamabad’s top two hotels and its customers include Westerns diplomats and business leaders. It had only reopened for business in late December.
Fifteen injured in fire at Islamabad's Marriott