The long drawn-out siege at Mumbai’s landmark Taj Mahal hotel is over, say Indian authorities. This, as
the death toll from the series of attacks rose to at least 195.
Special forces said the last remaining militants in the Taj had been killed and the building is now under police control.
Throughout the night, commandos fired grenades and exchanged fire in a series of assaults aimed at dislodging the stubborn resistance.
The Taj Mahal was the last battleground after three days of intense fighting in various parts of the city.
The hunt is now on for those behind the massacres.
India has pointed the finger of blame at Pakistan.
London is also checking reports that British Pakistanis may have been involved.
Yesterday, in another major flashpoint, elite commadoes stormed a Jewish centre finding six dead hostages, including a number of Americans.
Earlier on Friday, after rescuing captives from the Oberoi hotel, security forces said they had regained control there.
Most of those killed are Indian, but at least 17 foreigners are among the dead.