British oil company BP has resolved its dispute with the Russia-connected billionaires who are co-owners of its joint venture TNK-BP.
The deal ends months of increasingly hostile disputes with the oligarchs.
Chief executive Bob Dudley – a BP appointee – is stepping down and TNK-BP’s board will be restructured so that each side would no longer have half the seats; in future the balance held by independent directors.
BP had accused its partners of orchestrating a campaign of state harassment to gain control of Russia’s third-largest oil producer. There had been raids on its offices by Russian security forces as well as tax investigations into the joint-venture, which is estimated to be worth more than 30 billion euros.
Analysts called this a good outcome for BP. Investors had feared it might lose its interest in TNK-BP with only minimal compensation.
BP’s shares rose along with those of TNK-BP Holding which owns the majority of the company’s assets.
Copyright © 2014 euronews
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Sweden becomes first EU country to recognise the Palestinian State | euronews, world news
- 3Italy swamped by flash floods | euronews, world news
- 4Back to School for Romania’s new First Lady | euronews, world news
- 5What will you ask US Senator John McCain? | euronews, world news
- 6Watch: Passengers ‘push-start’ frozen plane in Siberia | euronews, world news
- 7Turkish president Erdogan unveils his new palace of a thousand rooms | euronews, world news
- 8India PM Modi appoints Yoga minister | euronews, world news
- 9Vladimir Putin most powerful man in the world – Forbes | euronews, world news
- 10[Live] Rosetta’s Philae lands on comet 67P and enters the history books | euronews, world news
- 11European e-revolution people rise up | euronews, world news
- 12International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 13Where is the best place in Europe for women? | euronews, world news
- 14Irony as organised crime prosecutor arrested for corruption in Romania | euronews, world news
- 15Obama’s ‘risky’ immigration gamble | euronews, world news
- 16Nadia Comaneci: gymnast of perfection and defector | euronews, the global conversation
- 17Putin plans to leave G20 talks early amid Ukraine pressure | euronews, world news
- 18Transcript of hanged Iranian woman’s final message released | euronews, world news
- 19International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 20euronews apps : iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone 8, Windows 8, Nokia S40, Nokia Asha, Smart TV and Google Glass
Wires > Business
- 15:07 CET Gulf states seek to block OPEC oil output cut
- 14:59 CET Turkey’s Babacan wants private sector return after election – paper
- 14:48 CET French, German economists offer plan to counter EU ‘stagnation’
- 14:08 CET European plea on bank capital to fall on deaf ears – sources
- 14:05 CET German annual EU-harmonised inflation slows to 0.5 percent in…
- 13:50 CET Low expectations for oil output cut as OPEC meets
- 13:45 CET Oil falls $2 to four-year low on OPEC output cut doubts
- 13:30 CET Mexican billionaire Slim to take top stake in Spanish builder FCC