With the oil price still soaring, the most influential figures in the world’s oil and gas industries are meeting in Madrid this week.
The World Petroleum Congress brings together energy ministers and company executives.
It is being held just one week after the summit of major oil producers in Saudi Arabia.
While the customer at the pump is struggling to make ends meet, the major oil companies including BP, Royal Dutch Shell, Exxon Mobil and Gazprom say they have to balance profits against customer accusations that they are cashing in.
Mass protests across Europe have seen fishermen dock their boats and truckers snarl up motorways in protest at crippling fuel costs.
The energy giants and petrol producers insist they are not to blame, putting the problem down to speculation.
Copyright © 2014 euronews
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Now is ‘right time’ for Catalonia independence vote, says Mas | euronews, world news
- 3Vatican rocked by another paedophilia scandal | euronews, world news
- 4Two container ships collide on Egypt’s Suez Canal | euronews, no comment
- 5British Muslims’ message to ISIL: Not in my name! | euronews, world news
- 6Revealed: Europe’s capital cities where it’s hardest to be a foreigner | euronews, world news
- 7Sweden becomes first European nation to recognise Palestine | euronews, world news
- 8European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 9How nasheeds became the soundtrack of jihad | euronews, world news
- 10International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 11Iceland volcano ‘pollutes Paris’ | euronews, world news
- 12Ebola: Six new suspected cases in Spain | euronews, world news
- 13Learning through “serious games” | euronews, learning world
- 14All you need to know about the Ebola virus | euronews, world news
- 15International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 16US says ISIL makes $1 million-a-day selling oil – even to enemies | euronews, world news
- 17US delivers technical aid to Ukraine but warns over security | euronews, world news
- 18euronews apps : iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone 8, Windows 8, Nokia S40, Nokia Asha, Smart TV and Google Glass
- 19Global warming to ‘cause 250,000 extra deaths a year’ | euronews, world news
- 20Mike Tyson: ‘You learn humbleness when you get older in life’ | euronews, the global conversation
Wires > News
- 23:59 CET Germany’s Merkel deals blow to UK on EU migration reform – Sunday…
- 23:42 CET Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- 23:00 CET Brazil’s election too close to call on eve of runoff
- 22:08 CET Egypt eyes legal restrictions, military measures after Sinai…
- 21:42 CET Ebola death toll tops 4,900 as virus spreads – WHO
- 21:36 CET Canadians flock to Parliament Hill, site of attack on soldier
- 21:30 CET In rural Tunisia, economic malaise weighs on voters
- 21:24 CET Lebanon army fights gunmen in Tripoli, six soldiers killed