Now Reading:

Moroccan police question man over threatened suicide bombing

world news

Moroccan police question man over threatened suicide bombing


Moroccan authorities have released one of two men they detained near the scene of three suicide bombings in Casablanca on Tuesday. They said he had no connection to the bombings nor an earlier blast at a cybercafe. They are still questioning the second man.

A police source said he had entered a house and threatened to blow himself up if he was not given food. But later it was found he was not carrying explosives.

In Tuesday’s violence, the three bombers detonated their explosive belts, killing themselves and a police office in the process.

A fourth suspect was reportedly shot and killed while fumbling with his belt.

Police had cornered the four in a sweep, linked to the investigation of another suicide attack at a cybercafe last month that killed the bomber and injured four others.

Moroccan authorities say they are hunting around ten more potential suicide bombers.

More about:

Every story can be told in many ways: see the perspectives from Euronews journalists in our other language teams.

Next Article