Now Reading:

Trial of six London terror suspects opens

world news

Trial of six London terror suspects opens


A court in London has heard that six men planned “murderous suicide bombings” on the city’s transport system in 2005. The six – all originally from Africa, but living in London – have pleaded not guilty. The men were allegedly carrying rucksacks laden with home-made explosives on underground trains and buses. Detectives say the attack failed only because the bombs’ detonators didn’t work. The botched attempt came just 14 days after the deadly suicide bombings of July 7, which killed 56 people. But the prosecution said the attempt was not a “hastily arranged copycat attack”, but had been planned long before July 7.

More about:

Every story can be told in many ways: see the perspectives from Euronews journalists in our other language teams.

Next Article