Now Reading:

Turkey hunts bombers after deadly attack

world news

Turkey hunts bombers after deadly attack


Police in Turkey are hunting two suspects who are believed to be behind the deadly bombing of a seaside resort on Monday. They have also arrested another man who is said to have been planning an attack on the port city of Izmir. Others were also detained, accused of trying to help the suspect. Police seized a number of explosive devices in the operation.

Turkey was rocked by a series of bomb blasts on Sunday and Monday in which tourist areas were targeted. A Kurdish rebel group has claimed responsibility for the attacks. The blast yesterday in Antalya left three people dead and at least 20 injured.
It came just hours after bombs exploded in Istanbul and the resort of Marmaris. Security has been tightened across holiday towns, but it seems, so far, that tourists are undeterred and staying on.

More about:

Every story can be told in many ways: see the perspectives from Euronews journalists in our other language teams.

Next Article