Now Reading:

Bombing restarts in southern Lebanon

world news

Bombing restarts in southern Lebanon


As evening fell in Lebanon, the bombing restarted. After Wednesday’s conference failed to back calls for an immediate ceasefire, the southern city of Tyre once again became the target of Israeli warplanes. The 15-day-old conflict has killed at least 418 people in Lebanon – the majority of them civilians. Around 42 Israelis have also died.

A senior officer in the Israeli army says that the campaign against guerrillas Hizbollah could continue for weeks, based on their progress so far. The first UN aid convoy has left Beirut for Tyre. The 10 trucks were carrying 90 tonnes of supplies, including enough medicine for 50,000 people for three months.

More about:

Every story can be told in many ways: see the perspectives from Euronews journalists in our other language teams.

Next Article