Now Reading:

London lowers threat level

world news

London lowers threat level


It has been revealed in the Sunday press that London has secretly lowered its security alert for the first time since the attacks on the capital in July. The decision was taken after the government’s Joint Terrorism Analysis Centre decided there was no specific information on any imminent attacks. In other reports, it has been revealed British police successfully foiled a toxic gas attack by al Qaeda on Westminster last year. Meanwhile, the government has launched a new campaign to promote tourism in the capital after a downturn following the July 7th tragedy.

Many however are determined not to let events spoil their holidays: “Life goes on, we want to show our children the world, and that’s what we are going to do,” said one tourist. “In the beginning we were a little nervous about coming over but once we got here everything was fine, we’re not worried about anything,” added an American visitor. London’s police chief, meanwhile, continues to face calls to resign by the family of a Brazilian man shot dead by officers who mistook him for a suicide bomber weeks after the attacks.
More about:

Every story can be told in many ways: see the perspectives from Euronews journalists in our other language teams.

Next Article