Now Reading:

Caught - all four would-be bombers believed held after police raids

world news

Caught - all four would-be bombers believed held after police raids


After a day of drama in London and Rome, Britain’s police are confident all four suspects of the recent failed bomb attacks are now in custody. Friday morning and two of the would-be bombers are involved in a stand-off with police in West London. One is thought to be behind the abortive bus bombing in the area of London known as Hackney, the other is the chief suspect for trying to detonate a bomb at the Oval underground station. It was just one of several operations in the capital which has seen the police launch one of Britain’s largest manhunts since the 21st of July.

Earlier in the week the first of the suspects was detained in Birmingham in central Britain. He has been linked with the failed attack on the Victoria Line. But while the police are obviously relieved at the fast pace of the investigation, the head of the anti-terrorist squad had a warning; “Despite the arrests we must not be complacent,” said Peter Clarke. But the British press are in no doubt over their opinion of the day’s activities.It was later on Friday when the news came that the hunt had gone as far as Rome and a further arrest had been made. The investigation has seen a massive police presence on London’s streets in an attempt to reassure the public after the July 7th bombings killed over 50 people.
More about:

Every story can be told in many ways: see the perspectives from Euronews journalists in our other language teams.

Next Article