There is no sign yet that Bosnian Serb war crimes suspect Radovan Karadzic is preparing to surrender to authorities despite an emotional appeal from his wife on Thursday. She urged him to turn himself in for the sake of his family. But in Sarajevo some expressed doubts that he would comply. “He will never do it, it’s a game,” one woman says. “International officials don’t want him to surrender.” One man said the appeal was just a tactic and that his wife was put under pressure to make it. In the filmed message, Ljiljana Karadzic said her family was under constant stress and that their lives had been jeopardised. She has always claimed that the family has no contact with the fugitive war leader who has been on the run for a decade. Homes of family members have been raided on several occasions and earlier this month Karadzic’s son, Aleksander, was detained for 10 days. A UN war crimes tribunal has indicted Karadzic for genocide and war crimes during the 1992-1995 Bosnia conflict. He and his military commander, Ratko Mladic, remain top of the the tribunal’s most wanted list.