London’s top policeman has apologised for the death of a Brazilian man gunned down at an underground station on Friday, but he has defended officers shoot-to-kill policy against suspected terrorists.Demonstrators from the British capital’s Brazilian community say they are angry and scared. Jean Charles de Menezes was shot after being chased by plain clothes officers.He had come out of a block of flats under surveillance and had failed to heed calls to stop. Menezes had been working legally in London for at least three years. Brazilian Foreign Minister Celso Amorim said: “The Brazilian government and actually the Brazilian public opinion is shocked and perplexed by this event because it’s now clear that it was a peaceful and innocent person who was killed.” Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir Ian Blair says the officers’ action was justified in the circumstances: “I think it’s also important to recognise that the underlying causes of this are not a police action or policy, or procedures, but actually the fact that we have terrorists using suicide as a weapon on the streets of London and below the streets of London, and this is the context in which we are operating.” Meanwhile police have reportedly found a link between the four men whose bombs failed to go off properly last week and the four who launched the deadly attack on July 7th. Two men are still being questioned by police.