London commuters have been reacting to the news that suicide bombers are thought to have been responsible for last Thursday’s bomb attacks.It is a worrying development for those who thought that security on public transport could be improved by simply watching out for packages or bags left unattended.
One young woman at King’s Cross station said: “What could possibly protect you on the underground if there are suicide bombers. It doesn’t leave you with a lot of security knowing that anybody on the tube could be blowing themselves up and everyone else while they’re at it.”
Another young woman said: “They are cowards, they’re cowards. For somebody to do what they did last week, you know. So they’ve taken their own life as well but they’re cowards because the devastation that is left with everyone else you know, we don’t even know why they did it.”
While people still search for more news about their loved ones, more than 2000 people have called the anti-terrorist hotline since the attack, some providing specific information.